You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Door Mirror Replacement
AuthorMessage
userMike N
Posted: 30 April 2020 3:35 PM
Subject: Door Mirror Replacement

Just joined

Good afternoon all. Hopefully this tip may prove useful for some of you. I recently had an altercation with a skip lorry resulting in a broken drivers side door mirror unit on my 2017 Bessacar 412. Its on a Fiat Ducato chassis. Having done a bit of research online and made a few calls I ended up at The Wing Mirror Man. www.wingmirrorman.co.uk. The replacement arrived in under 24 hours, I paid £4.99 for express delivery

https://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/

including insurance. Having now fitted the mirror unit I am happy to report it works great, the quality is spot on and I felt for £200, it was decent value. The unit itself has electric adjustment of the two mirrors, is heated and has the temp gauge built in. Its the Long Arm version. Happy to recommend these guys.
userConrad
Posted: 3 May 2020 1:37 PM
Subject: RE: Door Mirror Replacement

Gets involved

Useful link, thanks.
There's an opportunity to make the wing mirror more visible, and therefore less likely to be banged. Yes, you can buy bright yellow covers, for a couple of hundred pounds, but looking at other vans, those with amber turn indicators on the wing mirrors are far more noticeable than the likes of my van, clear with an amber bulb inside. £19.99 each from the wing mirror man, will think about it, need to find out how to fit of course.
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 4 May 2020 7:52 AM

Conrad

There are detailed instructions (that may deter you!) on how to remove a Ford Transit Mk 8’s exterior mirror's indicator lens on this YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SUKruYEqHg

A cursory GOOGLE search reveals that amber mirror indicator lenses for Transit Mk 8s are marketed very inexpensively on-line by several suppliers (example advert here)

https://tinyurl.com/ycd7odut

Replacing damaged exterior mirrors has often been discussed on this forum. It perhaps needs highlighting that some of the cheaper mirrors have proved problematical, and in this 2019 discussion a forum-member said that he had bought a succession of replacement mirrors with only the fifth purchase functioning properly.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Ducato-wing-mirrors/51922/
userthebishbus
Posted: 4 May 2020 4:56 PM

Epic contributor

Regarding visibility of the mirrors . Mine are black and overhang the side of the van by 10 " each side.To make them more visible I have stuck strips of white reflective tape on the front, and red reflective on the rear facing rim.
Brian B.
userConrad
Posted: 5 May 2020 6:44 PM

Gets involved

thebishbus - 2020-05-04 4:56 PM

Regarding visibility of the mirrors . Mine are black and overhang the side of the van by 10 " each side.To make them more visible I have stuck strips of white reflective tape on the front, and red reflective on the rear facing rim.
Brian B.

Good plan. Mine presently have reflective yellow cunningly cut wheel bin numbers!

Thanks for the links, Derek. Think I'll stick with present bulb lenses!!

Edited by Conrad 2020-05-05 6:47 PM
userJohn52
Posted: 23 June 2020 11:56 AM

Lord of the posts

I was amazed how many different door mirrors are fitted to the Ducato
In the end I had to send them photos to identify the right one.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator