Eberspacher Remote Room Temperature Sensor

declas

I am sure that along with a number of Eberspacher users we have noted how "insensitive" the switch is. There are times when its cool and you would really like the heater on, yet the switch doesn't switch. Apparently sensitivity can vary between 4-6 degrees C.

I am assuming that the remote sensor is a live on switch, as such I am wondering could you spur of that sensor with a manual switch effectively by passing it. Then by switching over manually the heater stays on until you decide to switch off when it then returns to "automatic" heat sensor mode.

Can any one help with this idea. Thanks

I had an Autocruise starlet 2 with an Eberspacher heater and hot water boiler, I also found the heat control a bit ' hit and miss' but mine had a manual override, what model is yours ? I find my Truma Combi

4e far more unreliable and wish we had our Eberspacher back. Plus of course it could be used ' en route'.

An installation/operation manual for Airtronic heaters can be downloaded from here

http://butlertechnik.com/download/3f/Eberspacher_Airtronic_D2_Technical_Manual.pdf

The manual includes wiring diagrams that may help you decide how best to proceed.

It’s probably unlikely that a forum member will have made the modification you are proposing and be able to advise on its practicability based on experience. It appears from the manual that it should be straightforward to ‘short out’ the remote temperature sensor (which I assume is what you are considering doing) and force the heater to remain at maximum output, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Like every DIY idea somebody has to be the first to put it into practice. In this instance I think you are going to have to experiment yourself.

Thanks for your reply. I cant see any reason why it shouldnt work. I will think long and hard before I try it. Though it should be relatively straightforward to return it to the original wiring if it doesnt work.

Thanks

Shaun

Archived