Elddis 120 Gas Heater

jennygilby

Hello Jenny,

The rattle apparently comes from the Frame/Shield fire surround.

I recently read somewhere that this can be fixed by two additional screws into the frame. Can not at present find the full details but will keep looking and post the details when found.

Regards,

Mike.

See thread on this forum "TIPS ON PACKING"

Mike.

I remember Truma telling me this was a common complaint and caused by the motorcaravan/caravan manufacturer not following the heater's installation instructions exactly - something to do with not leaving sufficient space between the fire's front 'trim-panel' and the rear structure I think.

The '2 screws cure' Mike is probably thinking of is mentioned on the Motorhome Matters forum in the "rattling truma fire" posting of 29 April by 'breakaleg'.

Mike Chapman - 2007-05-01 1:24 PM

Hello Jenny,

The rattle apparently comes from the Frame/Shield fire surround.

I recently read somewhere that this can be fixed by two additional screws into the frame. Can not at present find the full details but will keep looking and post the details when found.

Regards,

Mike.

See thread on this forum "TIPS ON PACKING"

Mike.

Hi Jenny, that was me, i took my van to auto sleeper and suggested that they put a couple of screws through the casing, and they did, it cured at least 95% of the rattles.

if you look at the front of the fire, there is a beveled edge either side, the put them in either side at an angle, simple to remove when nessary, and as i can't kneel i can sit on the seat to remove them

pete

Archived