Elddis Autoquest 155 dealer special

srheeston

I need some help. We purchased our motorhome in April 2014 new from a dealer, We noticed a drop of water on the roof light in September of that year, we thought nothing of it and assumed it was condensation. We put our MH in storage when not in use, we went to collect the MH in early Nov and OMG ceiling all wet and stained and the furniture wet. Called the Dealer obviously very upset. They advised that as the vehicle is under warranty it would be fixed by an approved repairer. This meant new ceiling in 2 parts from front to past the wardrobe, new roof light and new wall off side, the motorhome was out of use from 14 November until 20 Jan. We have just returned from our first visit to France having had a wonderful time until 18th July, leaking again. The repair has failed in under 6 months. We have called the dealer, he said was the rain coming down at an angle or horizontal and how heavy, well to say I am fuming is an understatement. The vehicle is not fit for purpose there is obviously an inherent fault, please help with some advise on how to deal with this.

Go to your local Trading Standards website. It will probably give you a telephone number for a Citizens Advice. Derbyshire's Trading Standards tell you to contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06, or visit their website at www.adviceguide.org.uk.

Motorhomes leak because of poor design, poor manufacture or age. They do not leak because the rain is coming in the wrong direction. However, to stop any leak, the source of the problem needs to be properly identified. It's never easy finding where water is coming in because water can travel quite a way before it is noticed.

Fuming is understandable but it won't get your van fixed.

Hi John

Thank you for your advice, I will be speaking to a Lawyer today. I will also contact the manufacturer and the dealer in the same email.

The amount of work which was undertaken to repair the initial leak should have sorted the issue on a van this age.

I have photographic and video evidence of the initial repair and the second leak. I will keep you posted.

Archived