FIAMMA F65S

Len Salisbury

We have a blind as above and what I would like to know is when cranking the blind out in what position should the arms that support the blind be in as when the wind blows the material flaps and touches the arms. The arms are about 9 to 12 inches from the edges of the material and are cranked at an angle. Is this the normal position? I am getting a Rafter tomorrow but have read that this for when it rains.

I had the same problem with my Ormistor awning. The solution is to fit a curved rafter in the middle to keep the frame taut. You then need to fit an anti flap kit to clamp over each end of the fabric. I then use 2 spring loaded tie down ropes at each end on the poles. I have also found that a side wall and an end wall makes the whole setup much stronger. Yesterday mine wias in winds approx 35 knots ( according to local weather report) and worked fine. Just one end wall fitted. My photos are too large to add so if interested go to the photos in the catalogue listed below. "www.aussietraveller.com.au" look for AFK anti flap kit and CRR curved roof rafter. I paid AU$485 supply & fit (approx £240). No doubt there is a good UK manufacturer to help. 
The awning was the only item on our AT that I felt need beefing up, I can now sleep with the awning out at night without worrying about it doing a back flip with pike if the wind picks up.
As an aside I spent a week on the Llangolen canal a couple of years ago, loved the narrowboat and the beautiful country along the way.
Cheers Gary

We travelled from Wrenbury to Llangollen & return so covered all the interesting bits, tunnel, aqueducts etc. we liked it so much we spent 10 days on the Avon Kennett last year. It is a bit like motor homing on a skinny length of water! From a tourist point of view the Llangollen canal was much more interesting than the A K with the possible exception of the Caen locks on a Sat morning, very social as the kids love using the winder to help.

Archived