Fiamma 50x50 roof vent

Tomo

Hi All,

I am trying to purchase a 50x50 roof vent, the only company that seem to make this size is Fiamma, anybody know of anyothers.

Does anybody know whether the Fiamma vent has a rubber seal, as the one on my van at the moment doesn't. Also it appears that the plastic top(lid what ever you want to call it) screws on from the outside, is this true. Seems a welcome invite to somebody trying to get in.

I do not know of any others. The smaller Fiamma roof vents have a choice of being screwed from inside or can be screwed from above. However I would not worry about it being a security issue as any crook wanting to get in is not goung to bother undoing screws but just rip it of with brute force. Fiamma says it has antitheft locking handles.

Jon.

P.S. Yes it does have a rubber seal, I also think it has permanent ventilation slots. However many Motorhome builders remove the rubber seal to give a greater amount of permanent ventilation.

Thanks Yes I know what you mean about anybody wanting to get in. We dont dwell on it or else there wouldnt be any enjoyment. Now all we have to do is find somebody that has one in stock. Shall go to Stratford upon Avon, to have a look see.

The Fiamma Vent 50 x 50 is a 'traditional' design of roof-light as used on caravans since God was a boy. Permanent ventilation is apparently via a double-skinned top, so it's going to be impracticable to seal the thing from the leisure vehicle's interior if draughts become evident. You should consider adding a Fiamma Spoiler 60 (about £15) as this should combat the (strong) likelihood that draughts, vibration and/or noise will occur while travelling.

As Brambles suggests, it seems that, size-wise, the Vent 50 x 50 is unique. I'm aware of a 50 x 35 roof-light (though I'm not sure it's available in the UK), while REMIS offer both their sliding REMI-TOP or tilting electric REMI-STAR models in 60 x 60 format. SEITZ market the Midi-HEKI that (I believe) requires a roof aperture of 70 x 50. However, the more sophisticated REMIS and SEITZ products are much dearer than the relatively cheap Fiamma product.

Can't find my Fiamma cat at moment, but is it the 'sprung' type that opens in 4 directions? if so mine is screwed from inside, has no rubber seal but doesn't seem to need one, is double skined, when closed it has 'trikkle' ventilation but there is no aparent draught from this, ours is mounted in middle of van approx. 3ft from back and doesn't need spoiler in our case. Other makers of vents are Omnistore and Dometic(stiez) have you tried these?

Thanks all for your help. I have just returned from Stratford on Avon show, thought we were in luck, arrived friday and nipped over to fiamma stall, they had the crystal one we wanted, £3 dearer than if I bought on line, but to save the messing about with trying to be in when they deliver we took it. All excitement had to open it when we got back to bernie burstner and oh no it wasn't crystal, but smoke grey, so disappointed, as I wanted to get as much light in as possible and this one wasn't going to do that. Took it back, they are never to happy to refund, but he said that they withdrew the crystal ones as the uv light broke them down to quickly. Why put crystal on the box then!! I wasn't going to point out that our heki vents are fine, so got my money back.

Back to the drawing board I think.

By the way the show was also disappointing. Only found 2 accessory stalls both fiamma.

Thanks again for your help.

Archived