Fiat silver/grey metallic paint (code 611)

Guest CAB

It seems incredible that my Fiat dealer is unable to supply a paint "touch-up" kit for stone chips etc. for the very popular (Ducato/Motorhomes) metallic silver paint (Fiat code 611) which has been an option for at least 5 years. I believe this colour is also available with the new shape.

Unable to obtain it also from local motor stores (Halfords did try to mix it but the match was terrible).

Has anyone found a supplier - or do we have to put up with an imperfect match and a 'van looking like a pepperpot?

Guest caraprof

I've just had some minor accident damage repaired on my wife's car. The bodyshop gave me some of the left-over paint that it had mixed so that I can do touch ups.

The paint used was a perfect match so perhaps that's your answer - find a good independent body shop and throw yourself on its mercy. The only snag that I can think of here is that it may have to mix a minimum quantity and yours may be too small.

• 2 weeks later...
Try a differrent motor factor. My local one can mix whatever you want and can supply in Ltrs or aerosols or touch up pots with a small brush.

You could try www.autopaint.co.uk Cab. They can supply you with touch up, paint pens and aerosols from around £5. Choose the colour you want from the sample card they send you and they post the paint straight back.

Shown how to touch up scratches by a friend working in a auto paint shop years ago. Apply the paint then after a minute or two wipe off gently with a clean rag and thinners. The excess paint is removed although you may need another application or two depending how deep the the scratch is and a far better finish than t cutting later.

Thanks for the contact.

Managed to find a spray in a supermarket on a recent trip to France. Betteer colour match than the one mixed up at Halfords, but still not perfect.

I sometimes use thinners to remove excess - but you have to be careful to make sure that the original paintwork has been coated with the transparent protective film or it will take this off also!

Archived