You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Hiring an Automatic Motorhome
AuthorMessage
userkjhblue
Posted: 10 March 2016 10:32 PM
Subject: Hiring an Automatic Motorhome

Just joined

Hi, I am not sure how to use forums. I am keen to hire an automatic motorhome. I am disabled so no longer can fly can't walk very far. I have travelled in 39 different countries and am now keen to visit UK.
Question Where, How, When average cost? are they hired per day per week?
I would be grateul for any advice
Regards
Kevin
usersilverback
Posted: 10 March 2016 11:26 PM
Subject: RE: Hiring an Automatic Motorhome

Epic contributor

Hi Kevin welcome, can't help on your post, but if you re posted on the motorhome matters page you will get more responses because this page seldom gets visited
Jonathan
userKeithl
Posted: 11 March 2016 7:13 AM

Lord of the posts

Hi Kevin and welcome t the forum,

It just so happens that only yesterday Out & About Live (OAL) published an on-line guide to hiring a motorhome...

Link to OAL

Start by having a look through there then come back with any more questions you may have. And good luck with your search.

Keith.

Edited by Keithl 2016-03-11 7:14 AM
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 11 March 2016 7:26 AM

Kevin

I believe you are based at Mossley and the following link shows some firms in the North-West that offer motorhome-rental services

http://tinyurl.com/h5umlxe

Rental motorhomes will tend to have a manual transmission (because that’s still the UK norm) but larger companies may include automatics within their fleet - for example this one at Manchester

http://freedhome.co.uk/

http://freedhome.co.uk/motorhomes-and-campervans/

The cost will vary from company to company depending on the motorhome, when it is being hired, the duration of the rental, whether it will be driven abroad, etc.

Most rental companies nowadays will have a website and some of these (like Freedhome’s) will have an FAQ section and/or carry comprehensive details of their business terms and conditions. For information from smaller rental firms you might need to email or telephone.

Suggest you begin by playing about with the Freedhome website as that should give you some idea about costs.
userkjhblue
Posted: 14 March 2016 10:13 PM

Just joined

Derek, Thank you for your advice and guidance I have started to look at the links you suggested
Regards
Kevin
userkjhblue
Posted: 14 March 2016 10:15 PM

Just joined

Thanks Keith, I will click on the link and see how helpful it will be.
Best wishes
Kevin
userkjhblue
Posted: 14 March 2016 10:17 PM

Just joined

Hi Silverback, I have received some good advice and guidance already however I will repost my question.
Best wishes
Kevin
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator