Hob Ignitor then AES Fridge Problem

BRIMAL

Had a sticking hob electronic igniter problem, which then decided not to work at all. Thought I'd just have a look but unfortunately seemed to short it out which must have blown a fuse or relay as now the AES fridge/freezer does not work either. Have checked all fuses and all ok. Did find that the 20amp refrigerator fuse had blown so replaced this but still no fridge working. To make matter worse, after replacing this fuse now find that the Schaudt LT500 control display shows a red light above the leisure battery symbol.

The leisure batteries are fully charged and all 12v systems (excluding the fridge/freezer) work fine.

Would appreciate some assistance on way forward on this ASAP as have a full freezer load of food and my beers in the fridge will be getting warm.

Brian

Reckon I should have added that am currently in Gizycko, Northern Poland, and would appreciate any knowledge of MH dealers/repairers in this area. Have come up with one in Szczecin on German border but nothing else.

Tks

Brian

Not sure what make of van, or which version of Schaudt installation you have, but there are usually 2 (possibly 3) fuses for the AES type fridges. On our van there is one at the starter battery "+" terminal (probably 20A, alongside a 50A jumbo main fuse), another actually on the front of the Elektroblock itself (also 20A), and a third (2A) on a separate fuseboard alongside the Elektroblock, which feeds the AES fridge controls. From what you describe, it sounds a bit as though you may have blown that 2A fuse, in which case the AES controls will be dead. This information is from the manual (useful things! :-)) for our van, so may not be wholly relevant for yours. However, the principle should be similar. I think you need to find that 2A fuse. Good hunting!

Thanks for you help Brian,

To the naked eye, all the fuses seemed fine so in the end I put a meter on all the fuses and found the 10 amp HEATER fuse had blown. A heater fuse, stopping the fridge/freezer working, learn something new

every day.

Moral is, don't believe everything the cct diagram and Schuadt block tells you.

So all is fine now and can enjoy a cold beer, tks.

Brian

I seems they'd co-wired the fridge AES controls from the heater supply, either for want of a better source, or to avoid installing an odd fuse somewhere else for the fridge controls. Whatever, glad its now working. Did the freezer bit thaw, or did you have to eat the lot to prevent that? :-D

Archived