Ikea

michele

Awfully disappointed Mandy. The last time I annoyed Michele she threatened to "to take me in hand", now all thats on offer is a smacked bum.

According to elf and safety you are supposed to leave your vehicle in the event of a breakdown and retire to a safe distance. What if you have half a dozen sproggs in tow. Is it better to stay in the van or herd them all up off the hard shoulder out of the way.

Much safer to get everyone out of the vehicle and behind a barrier or up the embankment, dressed in florescent jackets if you have them. Having seen a van hit by a lorry from behind at 60 I wouldn't hesitate myself. 40 tons at 60 will ruin your day out for sure!

Ikea also do some lightweight collapsible storage boxes and shelving that can be used to hand from a wardrobe door in a van. They are ideal for socks and smalls!

Tomo3090 - 2007-10-01 7:07 PM

Much safer to get everyone out of the vehicle and behind a barrier or up the embankment, dressed in florescent jackets if you have them. Having seen a van hit by a lorry from behind at 60 I wouldn't hesitate myself. 40 tons at 60 will ruin your day out for sure!

I concur.

howie - 2007-09-30 11:44 PM

Fluresent? hmmm. Did they have any that shine in the dark as well. :-> :-> :->

Howie ... I thought you liked it to be pitch black! 8-)

Ah-hem, moving swiftly on ... we bought some cheap jackets and got fluorescent caps as well for the price (about 3.00 euros a set), not a legal requirement but at least we look snazzy..... :D

michele - 2007-09-30 9:28 PM

We went to Ikea and they had the fluresent jackets for the kids in all colours only £3 each they had pinks and greens nice handy little jacket if you ever get stuck or need to get out of the van.

legal requirement in spain, and probably the rest of the e.u. soon, as everyone has stated get out and get behind the barriers,i had puncture when tugging on the hogsback,a3,pulled off on a slip road, put the triangle at the edge of the carriage way,in less than 1 min someone had sent it into orbit,called the breakdown,i can change a tyre, the guy parked his truck 30mts away to protect himself and sure enough some idiot hit it , that could have been me if i changed the tyre myself

Mel B - 2007-10-02 7:26 PM

howie - 2007-09-30 11:44 PM

Fluresent? hmmm. Did they have any that shine in the dark as well. :-> :-> :->

Howie ... I thought you liked it to be pitch black! 8-)

Not content with breaking my heart are you Mel B. Just could,nt resist dragging up that Eddie Murphy affair thing again could you. :-(

• 3 months later...
Guest Tracker
Brian Peters - 2008-01-23 10:35 AM

i like the banter between Howie and Michele, are they married (lol)

Yes, they are both married.

Brian Peters - 2008-01-22 4:51 PM

michele where are u you have not been on line for a while?

50ish can be a traumatic time for most women Brian. Its an age that puts them under tremendous stress, not only physically, but emotionally as well.

With that first flush of youth now just a distant memory they begin to realise that life will be all downhill from now on, that the lines and wrinkles, the graying hair, loose teeth, rhuemy eyes, blotchy skin, aches and pains, shapely curves heading swiftly south, and the attention of men now confined to giving up their seat or offering to help them across the road is all they can expect.

With that in mind, the next time we reply to one of Michele,s postings, lets all do our very best to answer in a manner that will help cheer her up and lift her spirits.

My dear Howie,

Just because you asked me to marry you first and I said no . Come on 70 ish is a little to old for me . I need you to last until my old age I like rippling muscles and biceps and your old chicken legs just didnt do it for me .

Nothing has gone south for me not yet anyway no doubt I will catch you up in time :-( the mere thought of it oh dear . So for now all you can do is keep on dreaming lets face it man your Dunshargin days are over and live on only in memory. I need someone thats Umh ............More russian like, big masculine handsome someone like......... Whodyanickabollokoff . :D

then at least he would keep me amused until my bits finally caught up with you and then and only then would I be ready to follow you SOUF! :D

Aw. Howie thats not real abuse thats play abuse I know you like to keep up with us youngsters but sooner or later your real mind will catch up with the imaginary one so for the time being I have booked you a room at Cocoon a little swimming in that pool might just bring you up to my level :D then we could swim together :D talk about the first thing that pops up :D

From the cocoon of course :D

howie - 2008-01-24 12:26 PM

Well thanks a bunch girls, and thats the last time I allow the caring sympathetic side of my nature to show through if all I get is a load of abuse. :-(

If you want REAL abuse my little sugar puff, let more than your 'caring sympathetic side' show!!! :D We could all do with a good laugh! (lol)

Archived