Italy LPG

alan

Sorry but I'm back again. Had such a good response to my earlier questions, I thought I'd try again. I'm thinking of putting refillable bottles into my camper, ie. LPG. Anybody got any idea of the availability in Italy?

Second question - I have a tom-tom and do not know how to download POI's and is there one giving LPG garages in Europe? Third question - motorways in Italy - how much do they cost? Where do I find out? And where can I download maps? Or I am asking too much?

Alan

(If at first you don't succeed, try try again)

alan - 2007-11-03 8:19 PM

Sorry but I'm back again. Had such a good response to my earlier questions, I thought I'd try again. I'm thinking of putting refillable bottles into my camper, ie. LPG. Anybody got any idea of the availability in Italy?

Alan,

See http://www.gas-tankstellen.info/menu.php?language=en_US in the search box select Italy, then click show.

LPG is available in Italy but Andy Clarke the Motorhome List owner was refused more than once in Italy where apparently there is a regulation prohibiting the use of Autogas for cooking and heating purposes.

If you have an external filling point you might get away with it.

We filled up in Sardinia a couple of times with no questions asked.

Don

Archived