LED stick-on spotlights

argyler

Hi peeps.

Woolworths are selling pack of 3 LED stick on spots for £7.99!

Similar have been available at £4.99 EACH in other stores. They work well and the batteries will last ages as LEDs take a fraction of the power of halogen bulbs.

When will we see 12v LEDs as standard in caravans & motorhomes? (^)

Poundland have them in packs of 2. I have fitted ( stuck ) a couple in the wardrobe, very useful. I have also fitted 3 on the false ceiling under the overcab bed, these give quite good light in the cab for map reading etc., the courtesy lights above the doors are worse than useless.

They also sell packs of 18 AAA batteries, 3 per light. Last for ages as LEDs draw very little current.

Phil.

I use one in the toilet room for night-time use. Fit it with Velcro, so that it can be taken down easily for battery changing (as supplied they come with double-sided sticky tape and are difficult to get down for maintenance). Cost was £5 for a pack of three from the Manchester Caravan and Motorhome show.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on cost of these stick-on spotlights. I have just been to Glossop Caravans and they are selling them in packs of 3 for the sum of £3-50.

At these prices they are virtually throw-away items, but replace the double-sided sticky tape with Velcro and a pack will last you several motorhomes ;-)

I got a pack of 3 x 3 LEDs (JML) from ASDA.

Have to say I am NOT impressed, 2 of the mounting plates have broken their lugs which hold the lamp unit, whilst fixing them in the M/H.

Needless to say they are going back for a full refund.

>:-( >:-( >:-(

Weve replaced all the lamps and lights with leds but the stick on ones arent very bright so we sent for the bulbs they come from China!! I think they were advertised on E.Bay, if you use the stick on type you have a hell of a job removing the glue when you take them off.

argyler - 2008-04-01 8:05 PM

Hi peeps.

Woolworths are selling pack of 3 LED stick on spots for £7.99!

Similar have been available at £4.99 EACH in other stores. They work well and the batteries will last ages as LEDs take a fraction of the power of halogen bulbs.

When will we see 12v LEDs as standard in caravans & motorhomes? (^)

I called in our local woolwoth's at the weekend their £7.99 for three LEDs (with batteries) ON SALE @ £3.99.

Have to say they are a lot more substantial that the JML make sold at ASDA

(see my previous post onthis thread)

So I got 2 packs of 3 with batteries for the same money as 1 x 3 of the JML.

Archived