Lunar Champ A511 Outside habitation lights u/s

GeoffPunnett

Is there anyone out there who can advise me on the apparent failure of the outside habitation lights on a 2007 Lunar Champ A511 motorhome; they were working only two days ago and the motorhome has not been moved/powered since. On a possible related issue does anyone know what the four/five relays mounted adjacent to the 230v/12v Calira Power Supply are designed to control; alternatively does anyone have a circuit diagram for the Lunar Champ A511, not just for the Calira Power Supply which I already have?

When you mention the “outside habitation lights”, are you just referring to the high-level awning-light that’s to the rear of the living-area entrance door, or does your Champ have other exterior lights that are no longer operational?

If it’s just the single awning-light, I’d suspect failure of a bulb or LED light-unit (whichever the awning-light uses). If several lights no longer function, it’s more likely to involve a failed fuse.

I’m not sure if any forum-member has a similar-vintage Champ and/or may be able to provide the appropriate circuit diagram (which you’ll probably need to accurately identify the purpose of the relays unless you are prepared to experiment by removing them one at a time and see what stops working!).

Your best bet may be to ask on the MotorhomeFacts forum that has a dedicated Lunar-related section.

Thanks Derek.

It's the awning light just to the rear of the habitation door. There are two lights within the unit, each controlled by separate switches, so don't think it's the bulbs. I suspect that, in common with the interior lights, these outside lights are controlled via a relay (located adjacent to the power supply unit). I agree with you that without a circuit diagram my best bet would be to pull each relay in turn and note which circuits are effected. The Lunar Champ Owners Manual is about as much use as a chocolate teapot and gives no details of motorhome wiring or relays.

I'll take your advice and post a query on the Lunar MotorhomeFacts Forum; will post a response here if anything is forthcoming.

Archived