MOT and timing

Fionadb1

Good afternoon everyone

With the help of Bundesvan I am importing a motorhome from Germany, obviously I will have to have an MOT and all the other relevant "things"'here is the UK. We will be travelling for a year leaving Jan 2016. We plan to come back to the UK in July and Aug, this is when we would bring the MH back. As I will have to insure it in May2015 and therefore MOT it then I. Do not wNt to have to come back in May2016 to do this again. Can I. MOT in August again so I have a full year from then? Hope I make sense.

Thanks so much

Fionadb1 - 2015-04-15 2:17 PM

Good afternoon everyone

With the help of Bundesvan I am importing a motorhome from Germany, obviously I will have to have an MOT and all the other relevant "things"'here is the UK. We will be travelling for a year leaving Jan 2016. We plan to come back to the UK in July and Aug, this is when we would bring the MH back. As I will have to insure it in May2015 and therefore MOT it then I. Do not wNt to have to come back in May2016 to do this again. Can I. MOT in August again so I have a full year from then? Hope I make sense.

Thanks so much

As I understand things you can get an MOT anytime you like, but can only post-date the certificate if it is within one month of the expiry of the old one, else it will expire 12 months from date of issue.

Dave

Archived