Peugeout HD130 fuses

Houghtonpaulv

Hi all. Hoping someone can help me. I have a Bailey Approach 08/14 reg on a Peugeot HD130. The cigarette lighter socket has blown, but I can't find the fuse. The Peugeot user manual shows 3 fuse boxes which look nothing like mine and it does not say where they are. I can find one engine compartment fuse box and one fuse box under the dash on the drivers (R/H) side, but neither has the fuse I need to replace. I have seen mention of a passenger side door pillar fuse box on other forums, but I can't find this in my cab. Any ideas welcome.

As Peugeot revised the Boxer in mid-2014, your Bailey’s August 2014 UK-registration month is a mite ambiguous regarding whether your motorhome was built on the ‘old’ (X250) Boxer or the current X290 - but I’m guessing that it was built on the former version.

Peugeot Boxer User Guides are available on-line, and it would appear from this one

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/modeles/boxer/boxer_boxer/ed01-13/en_us/contenu/AP-BOXER_DAD_01_2013_GB.pdf

that the fuse for the cigarette-lighter socket should be FUSE 44 (20 Amps) in the fuse-box under the dashboard on the driver’s side of your motorhome. This also seems to be the case for the current X290 Boxer.

However, I notice that the above differs from the fuse-related information for equivalent Fiat X250 Ducatos, where the fuses for the dashboard cigarette-lighter and power sockets are stated as being respectively F15 (10 Amps) and F14 (15 Amps) in the ENGINE-COMPARTMENT fuse-box.

So, if Fuse 44 in your Boxer’s dashboard fuse-box is the wrong fuse for the cigarette-lighter, try F15 in the engine-compartment fuse-box.

A follow-up...

Your question has evidently been asked before.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/peugeot-Boxer-cigarette-lighter-fuse/35912/

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t14886713-cigarette_lighter_fuse_peugeot_boxer

http://forums.motorhomefacts.com/182-electrical/122122-peugeot-boxer-cigarette-lighter-aux-power-socket-fuse.html

I suspect (as spospe surmises in the first link) that your Boxer handbook is way out of date.

I’ve looked at the handbook for the latest X290 Boxer and the fuse-changing section continues to say that the cigarette-lighter fuse is F44 in the dashboard fuse-box. It’s also noticeable that, although the handbook refers to, and has drawings of, a cigarette-lighter socket AND a 12V ‘power’ socket on the dashboard, there’s no mention of a fuse for the latter.

I’ve looked backwards through Fiat Ducato X250 on-line handbooks and Euro 4 (2006-2011) models had the fusing arrangement still shown in the Peugeot Boxer handbooks, with F44 in the dashboard fuse-box for the (sole) dashboard-mounted socket for cigarette lighting. From 2011-onwards Euro 5 Ducatos (X250 and X290 versions) have two 12V dashboard-mounted sockets, fused by F14 and F15 in the engine-compartment fuse-box.

The locations of the fuse-boxes are well shown in the Ducato handbooks, with the (optional) third fuse-box behind a removable cover at the base of the rear door-pillar to the right of the driver’s seat. There’s no indication that fuses for the cigarette-lighter or 12V ‘power’ socket would be found in the door-pillar fuse-box, so (even if your Bailey has a fuse-box there) I suggest you don’t bother to look.

It now seems probable that your Boxer’s cigarette-lighter fuse is indeed F15 in the under-bonnet fuse-box that I believe you’ll find towards the front of the engine-compartment on the left (ie. on the UK nearside). Summarising (Ducato-related) advice from the MHFacts discussion

“The power socket and cigarette lighter fuses are F14 and F15 respectively. These two fuses are both located in the engine-compartment fuse-box which is next to the air filter. The fuse-box has a small flap on the top of it to access the jump-start bus-bar and has two nuts that hold the cover in place. Once the cover is removed the fuses become visible."

When you do find the fuse, can I implore you on bended knees to come back and say exactly where you found it, please? That way, if it ever comes up again, there’ll be no mystery.

Don't know if you have solved your problem yet but I have a 2010 build Autocruise on an X250 base Peugeot Boxer and have also had the fuse blow for the cigarette lighter/auxilliary socket and the fuse was definitely in the fuses inside the cab beneath the steeering wheel.

Dave

Archived