Portable Induction Hob.

Madlen

I saw advertised recently in one of the mags, a portable induction hob for sale at £59. If anyone is interested in using one of these, the well known Swedish furniture outlet sell them,( good quality), at just £35.

Bargain.

• 5 months later...
We have been using one that we bought in Lidl for 4 or 5 years. It only cost about £22 and they still have them in occasionally. Really good way to save a little gas when on hook up and a nice easy clean cooker afterwards. We have a tiny slow cooker too; great for soups and stews as it is very low wattage you can leave it happily whilst you are outside.

ColinM50 - 2020-01-26 5:58 PM

But you have to use a pan don't you? Saw one in use at a site last year, he was cooking bacon and eggs on it (no vegan option 8-) ) and when finished just wiped it clean, Seemed a lot easier

Sounds like a George Foreman grill. (other versions are available).

Keith.

No it wasn't a George Foreman, we've got one of those at home. no this was an electric flat plate, I'd guess 25cm wide whereas the GF one is more a griddle. The one we saw looked really neat and easy to use.

Actually, just done a Google search and I think it's one like this, a teppanyaki grill.

Link to Amazon

Will order this I think

Here's a You tube video. Looks too easy but even worse I'm going to have to have a fry up now (lol)

(Link shortened - Keithl)

• 3 weeks later...

We got our tepanyakki grill last week and tried it out in the kitchen. I have to say how outstandingly good it is. Heated up in less time than it took to boil the kettle and cooked sausages, bacon, tomatoes and eggs quickly and well and was a doddle to clean. Just a wipe over. So it's gone straight into the m/h.

Good choice and it'll get well used

Hi. We’ve had one of these flat grills since our camping years- great for cooking outdoors.

Now we have a very small camper van ( but no oven) we have discovered how it is easy to heat ready cooked pies , quiches etc . Is made even better by using a £1 shop roasting tin upside down as a lid. It is so useful, we even added an old saucepan lid knob as a handle.

If you partially preboil potatoes, then spray them with oil and add some salt and pepper, you can then brown them off on the grill too- ‘van roasties’!

We bbq using the lid method too.

Afterwards, remove excess oil etc with scrunched newspaper and clean round with kitchen roll and ‘Mr Muscle’ ...( other similar products available!!). Easy...

Archived