Project 2000 step motor

Corbygeordie

Hi Everyone,

I am having problems with the step motor on my Project 2000 electric step.

It has stripped the teeth on the nylon gear wheel and now it won't retract or extend.

When I stripped it out, the motor appears to be a basic (italian) automotive wiper motor, albeit with no self park etc contacts.

The Project 2000 motor is £154 which seems a tad excessive for a cheap motor.

Does anyone know if this part is off a car/van and if so, which one. The comparitve price for a similar Fiat one is about £60!!!!

Thanks

David

Are you saying the motor is faulty as well as the stripped gear.

If you are looking for a replacement motor there are companies about that rebuild electric motors, Google is your friend search "Electric motor rebuild" you get hundreds of results.

Many thanks Lenny.

No, the gearbox is stripped..

There are companies out there that can supply replacement worms & drive gears but I was hoping to identify the motor as i am sure that Project 2000 do not build them themselves.

As I said, the motor/gearbox looks like a cheap version, probably made for the auto indusrty, all I need to do is source one!!!!

Thanks again

David

David

I'm unable to you on whether or not the electric motor used by Project 2000 is an automotive unit, but the UK importer of Project 2000 steps is apparently this one

http://www.scan-terieur.com/project-2000.html

They may be able to help you but, if all else fails, you might try contacting the Project 2000 company direct

http://www.project-2000.it/site/en/contatti-2/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Derek,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been away.

Many thanks for that, I will keep them in mind if i can't work out what the motor is. It's just that the Project 2000 price seems a tad expensive for what it is.

I wil let you know if i have any success.

Kind regards

David

Archived