Reversing light wire - how to find it?

Carolina

Hi all, can anyone help me?

I'm fitting a reversing camera to our new Dethleffs motorhome. I need to find the reversing camera wire in the Fiat Ducato fuse box.

It's the new 2015 face lift Ducato, model X290.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model or can anyone tell me where I can download or buy one?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dave.

Not a direct answer to your question, but you can always extend a line forward from the rear light cluster that has the main reversing lights feed. You still have to run the wire to the front of the van, which is a bit tedious (though technically undemanding), but it makes no intervention into the Fiat electrics.

On our X2/90 the reversing camera earth, ign. live and reverse trigger were adjacent to the conversion fusebox at the base of the cab bulkhead behind the driver's seat, low down by where the chassis rail extends rearward. They were in a short 3 wire loom extension that could be pulled through into the cab area.

This was on a Peugeot cab with Alko chassis but the fusebox I describe is a Sevel part with connections for hab central locking etc. (i.e. not put there by the converter) so may be in the same place on your Fiat.

Thanks Derek (and everyone else), that looks promising. I'll have a look and confirm the colour code as soon as I've checked it.

Just a bit busy fitting my solar panels at the moment, next job is the reversing camera.

Thanks, Dave.

This for the X/250 but I am fairly sure it applies to the later models.

On X250 models open the drivers side dashboard fusebox, at the bottom right of this fusebox is a multiplug plugged into the fuesbox that is covered by a steel plate, in amongst the various wires going into this plug will be a slightly heavier green wire, check with voltmeter but this should go live in reverse ign on.

Just a thought for the OP, Dave - do consider before you go searching for it whether you actually need the reverse feed?

I've just disconnected ours as I found it too annoying having the monitor switch on and off when you're shifting back and forth between first and reverse in tight manoeuvres. Found myself sitting and waiting for it to come back on and it's only a short delay on the Waeco.

I've found to my surprise that I prefer to just switch the system on and off myself.

Hi Steve

Thanks for the suggestion, in fact now you mention it I do remember the annoying delay on our last motorhome, so that's decided, I'm going to wire a switch up to manually turn the camera on/off. :-D

Regards, Dave.

Archived