You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Roof pooling?
AuthorMessage
userConrad
Posted: 16 August 2019 9:29 PM
Subject: Roof pooling?

Liking what I've found

Hi, new to this forum and was looking at older posts, one about water pooling on motor caravans roofs suggests this gives some folk grief over winter storage. How about this for an idea (not tried it but may work!) - use capillary matting from garden centre, fix on roof with eg sticky velcro or suitable weight, lay it over side of van and (maybe) problem solved!!
Also wondering what the problem is anyway of water on the roof, unless it leaks?
userpelmetman
Posted: 16 August 2019 10:14 PM
Subject: RE: Roof pooling?

Walks with the gods

Alternatively you could use leveling ramps........to un'level your van .......
userBKen1
Posted: 19 August 2019 7:36 PM

Has lots to offer

Conrad - 2019-08-16 10:29 PM

Hi, new to this forum and was looking at older posts, one about water pooling on motor caravans roofs suggests this gives some folk grief over winter storage. How about this for an idea (not tried it but may work!) - use capillary matting from garden centre, fix on roof with eg sticky velcro or suitable weight, lay it over side of van and (maybe) problem solved!!
Also wondering what the problem is anyway of water on the roof, unless it leaks?

Im currently in the UK suffering the rain the van is parked up at relatives leveled out on ramps but still pools so I sling a good quality dish cloth on the pooling area and hang it over the side ..drain off very quickly ..dont like the idea of water pooling for days on the roof .

userConrad
Posted: 21 August 2019 10:04 AM

Liking what I've found

pelmetman - 2019-08-16 10:14 PM

Alternatively you could use leveling ramps........to un'level your van .......

Ramps, yes, obviously, but that's what made the old forum posting so long - morphed into discussion on merits of different type of ramps, and whether they would damage your tyres over the winter storage and/or distort frame of the vehicle by twisting it.

So Bken1's dishcloth works - maybe my idea isn't so daft!!

Edited by Conrad 2019-08-21 10:06 AM
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator