You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Satellite TV
AuthorMessage
usermancunian
Posted: 23 September 2015 6:33 PM
Subject: Satellite TV

Just joined

Hi hope someone can help. I'm pretty niave on this subject so I might be missing obvious factors out. We are travelling around Europe, France for another month. We bough a Snipe satellite system and Avtex TV. We are struggling to get British TV and when I do I can only get it on Astra 2. All other satellite just get none British channels. This is what I'm doing - I go to the satellite getting X satellite locked in going to the TV and going FTA and transponder and pressing search
usercolin
Posted: 23 September 2015 8:20 PM
Subject: RE: Satellite TV

Legendary contributor

In the main UK tv is only available on Astra 2, you will only get one or two english channels on other satellites.
The snipe will only pick up BBC etc over a limited area, go too far south or east and you will lose it, a few channels like sky news you will pick up further afield, but not across all europe.
userRandonneur
Posted: 23 September 2015 9:41 PM

Forum master

We lived an hour north of Bordeaux and had no problem picking the normal UK channels up on a small Sky Dish. We have a Snipe system but we have not tried it yet in Europe, not expecting too much.
userlennyhb
Posted: 24 September 2015 6:39 AM

Lord of the posts

We have a Snipe can get Astra 2 as far south as northern Provence. west of there not quite as far south. f you want Astra 2 in south west Spain you will probably need at least a 2 m dish.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator