Saving toll in France

Campingman

Hello everyone!

Together with some friends we have worked around the clock to make an application I am sure you’ll find very useful. It’s an application which helps you saving on toll on the French tollways. I have already used it and with it I have been able to save some money, which is always a good thing.

It’s called ‘’Péago’’. We’ve also made a website: http://www.getpeago.com/en/home/ .

I hope it will help you sometime when travelling through France.

As I understand it the rationale behind the app is that a motorist leaves a French autoroute at an exit specified by the app (and pays the appropriate toll fee for leaving at that exit), drives a short distance on ordinary roads and then rejoins the autoroute where peago specifies.

Essentially, the motorist travels using long stretches of autoroute interspersed by short stretches of ordinary-road usage. The app ‘saves’ the motorist money by exploting the fact that the total of the tolls imposed for the stretches of autoroute can be less than the cost of staying on the autoroute continuously.

Obviously staying on the autoroute should minimise the journey time, but it’s suggested that the (relatively short) time spent hopping on and off the autoroute can be worthwhile due to the reduction achieved regarding the overall cost of the trip.

More details here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.peago.android&hl=en_GB

and a Dutch article here

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/5595/Digitaal/article/detail/4099222/2015/07/11/Kwart-tol-besparen-met-Nederlandse-app-Peago.dhtml

Guest Joe90

The explanation of how the app works is contained in the link in the very first post,

all the info is there 8-) :-S Really cannot see the point of merely repeating the info unless there is anything useful to add..............we can all read............and cut n paste Derek

Joe90 - 2015-08-08 6:10 PM

The explanation of how the app works is contained in the link in the very first post,

all the info is there 8-) :-S Really cannot see the point of merely repeating the info unless there is anything useful to add..............we can all read............and cut n paste Derek

Thanks for pointing that out so diplomatically...

What I did was use the link in the original posting and clicked on the ‘Play’ button. Having looked at the video-clip I failed to scroll down the webpage far enough to notice that that an explanation of the app’s methodology was in an FAQ section. As an ex-computer programmer and systems analyst I was mildly interested in how the app worked, so I GOOGLED and found the two links I provided in my own posting. Obviously, if I had spotted the explanation on the peago link I would not have spent time GOOGLEing and I would not have bothered to post to this thread.

I apologise unreservedly for offending you (or anyone else) and hang my head in shame for wasting my own and other forum members’ invaluable time.

Guest pelmetman
Derek Uzzell - 2015-08-09 8:42 AM

What I did was use the link in the original posting and clicked on the ‘Play’ button. Having looked at the video-clip I failed to scroll down the webpage far enough to notice that that an explanation of the app’s methodology was in an FAQ section. As an ex-computer programmer and systems analyst I was mildly interested in how the app worked, so I GOOGLED and found the two links I provided in my own posting. Obviously, if I had spotted the explanation on the peago link I would not have spent time GOOGLEing and I would not have bothered to post to this thread.

I apologise unreservedly for offending you (or anyone else) and hang my head in shame for wasting my own and other forum members’ invaluable time.

You saved some of us the toil :D ..........

Guest Joe90
Derek Uzzell - 2015-08-09 8:42 AM

It's quite obvious that many on here have more than enough time to waste............. :-S

sadly including me on many occasions............perhaps we should ALL get out more

Archived