SeA Dinghy 1 winter vent covers

francheezy

Hi

We bought a SeA Dinghy 1 motorhome earlier this year, we are trying to find winter vent covers, it has a large vent and a separate small vent below, we bought two covers which are the right size to fit the large vent but they will not lock on, any help would be great.Thanks.

I understand that you have a 2002 SEA Dinghy 1 motorhome.

I‘ve looked at on-line photos and it looks like the fridge used was a relatively small capacity Dometic model. It might be expected, then, that the large exterior ventlation grille would also have been a Dometic product and - if that were so - that Dometic winter covers should fit. As the covers you’ve obtained apparently do not lock on to the large grille there are several possibilities

- You’ve got the right covers but you are not fitting them correctly.

- The covers do not match the grille. For example, it’s a Dometic grille but you’ve bought Thetford covers, or it’s a Thetford grille and you’ve bought Dometic covers, or the covers you’ve bought match the make of grille but are for a different model of grille.

- The large grille is neither a Dometic nor a Thetford product and no suitable winter covers are marketed for it.

There are images of caravan fridge ventilation grilles (some with winter covers) here

http://tinyurl.com/o3snblb

If you can identify which grille you have it may be possible to advise on which covers would be appropriate.

When I bought my vent covers last year, they were specific to the make and similar models of the Domestic fridge/freezer I had. Mine are two different sizes. So start from the make and model of your fridge and work out what vent covers you need. Have a look at Leisureshopdirect.

I assume the locks do move when not on the van and it is only when you try to cover the vents, you have a problem. If you have the right ones, check there are no obstruction in the vents and check to ensure the vents have not been damaged - it is not unknown for them to become warped if overheating.

I've been putting vent covers on for 25 years and never found that they do not lock into place.

Archived