Security and tracking.

Dan t smart

Hi

First tip, play one supplier against the other, surprising what deals they can offer..

But back to your question, not necessarily what others may recommend but what the insurance company insist on.. Cat.1 alarm etc..

Alarm can deter thieves and a tracker can find the van if stolen. Have a good day at the NEC, always enjoy going and picking up the holiday books...

Unlikely an insurer will insist on a tracker for the V56 if that is what you are keen on buying. However, it will be based on the risk of wherever you park or motorhome. You will definitely need a Thatcham 1 category alarm. Dealer should offer you one in the overall package and fit it before collection.

I had a Cobra on my last van which worked for the 8 years of ownership with just a battery change in the key fob. On this one I have an Autowatch which does the job.

Brock - 2015-10-05 5:33 PM

Unlikely an insurer will insist on a tracker for the V56 if that is what you are keen on buying. However, it will be based on the risk of wherever you park or motorhome. You will definitely need a Thatcham 1 category alarm. Dealer should offer you one in the overall package and fit it before collection.

....not necessarily. I think a V56 may well come in under the value threshold that some insurers set for an alarm. Whilst mine will offer a (small) discount for such a fitment, they don't insist on it.

Hi all, in March 2008 we bought a new Bessacar. Had a strike back alarm and a gp800 tracker fitted by Van Bitz. Excellent job in five years never had a false alarm, would deafen you if it went off and the SIMM card based tracker means no monitoring fees. Unfortunately our new 2012 van came with a thatcham cat one alarm ( sounds like a chicken with a sore throat when it goes off ) was not comparable. At the time some insurers have a £50,000 cut off as to weather it needs a tracker or not. Our 2008 van regularly lets us know where it is or when the battery goes flat. We put £50 credit on the SIMM in 2008 and it is still going. If anyone has a 2008 Bessacar 765 reg ends ZNZ purchased 2012/13 let me know and I will tell you how to change to your phone.

Archived