Skiing in the Dolomites

Violet1956

Recommend" Camping Corones" near Bruneck for skiing in the Dolomites in Italy in your MH. Don't expect a warm welcome, the owners seem a bit off-hand. Some German skiers we met told me they have been given the same cool matter of fact 'welcome' even after 10 years of gracing the place with their presence. That said there is a free skibus up to Kronplatz at convenient intervals throughout the day. Boot room with driers for your boots and a separate drying room for all your gear. Immaculate ablution block and lovely quiet location with a good restaurant. We took our van up to Olang rather than take the ski bus as we didn't want to leave our pooch for too long and she was happy to sleep for four hours whilst we skied in the afternoon. The surrounding area of the campsite provided ample opportunity to give her sufficient exercise in the morning and evening. Plenty of free parking available close to the lift. Stunning runs through the tree line on red and blue runs. We potter rather than ski all day as we are approaching our 60s. Suited us fine. Happy days...I wish I was back there.

Archived