Slow cooking

Wingpete

If you care to wrap up chicken pieces or meat pies or similar food that only needs slow cooking, in some cooking aluminium foil and tie it with decent wire to the exhaust manifold, during the journey of around 2 hours, you will find that the food will cook very nicely, and saves having to light up the cooker. Make sure it is not overdone on initial trials, by checking it's progress after every 30 mins or so. I used to do this with my BMW motorbike, very effectively. Even did hard boiled eggs and toast that way.

Wingpete - 2008-02-03 4:55 PM

If you care to wrap up chicken pieces or meat pies or similar food that only needs slow cooking, in some cooking aluminium foil and tie it with decent wire to the exhaust manifold, during the journey of around 2 hours, you will find that the food will cook very nicely, and saves having to light up the cooker. Make sure it is not overdone on initial trials, by checking it's progress after every 30 mins or so. I used to do this with my BMW motorbike, very effectively. Even did hard boiled eggs and toast that way.

did this in the seventies on my triumph vitesses manifold, it tasted *&%$£,maybe this is why i have mh with a nice hob and oven :D

Archived