Sweetcorn

Wingpete

The best way I have found to eat sweetcorn, is to buy it already off the husk, then cook it and eat with a spoon.

Any other versions welcomed, but get fed up (pardon ther pun) with having butter dripping off my chin when trying to bite it off the husk.

But how, precisely, is this thread specifically a motorhoming hint or a motorhoming tip? 

It is question of minor culinary interest, mainly to those who like the confounded stuff, but how is cooking sweetcorn a "Motorhome Matter"?  Unless you've found a way to convert it into something useful, like biodiesel, that is!  :-)

But Brian ! I was following the tips published in earlier forums, and found that some people have had trouble with their motorhome catering arrangements, which then developed into tips on the better ways to prepare a variety of meals, so following the thread in Tips, wondered if there is a prefered manner to consume a popular food that is not so popular with myself. Got to go, popcorn is bursting out of the pan. :->

Wingpete - 2007-07-09 4:17 PM

The best way I have found to eat sweetcorn, is to buy it already off the husk, then cook it and eat with a spoon.

Any other versions welcomed, but get fed up (pardon ther pun) with having butter dripping off my chin when trying to bite it off the husk.

Nah, best is grow your own and pick then cook ASAP, much better than any you will buy

• 2 months later...

I do like sweet corn and popcorn and brocolli! But whoever invented the mixture of cake and chocolate in the same thing, then added chocolate chips deserves to be knighted! Can there be anything better?

BTW, This is a motorhoming item because you can eat them whilst you are driving your van or when you stop for a break!

Archived