Swift Bolero

brent

Hi All

My first post, collected my new and first motor home last week Bolero 680FB, spent the week sorting out all the new problems with it ( to many to list) . One item that I would like some help with is how you secure the gas bottles using the straps provided, there is no way I can get my hands behind the bottles to connect the strip up.

Any idea or third party products welcome.

(?)

There are various commercial products marketed for retaining gas bottles in leisure-vehicle gas-lockers. (You can usually find several different types in caravan dealers' accessory shops.) All the ones I've seen that use straps that encircle the 'waist' of the bottle (which is the set-up I'm assuming you've got on your Bolero) permit the strap to slide through a structure (plastic block, wire framework, etc.) that's fixed to the wall of the locker and against which the gas bottle is held. As Big Momma says, one end of the strap carries a buckle through which the other end of the strap is inserted and pulled tight. Sliding the strap through the wall-attached structure allows the buckle to be positioned where it can be (fairly) easily reached to tighten/release the strap's tension.

Does that make sense? I suggest you take the bottles out of the locker and, if you study how the straps are installed, I'm pretty sure you'll discover there's an adjustment capability so that you can move the buckles to positions where you can secure the bottles firmly without too much difficulty. Although motorcaravan manufacturers are notorious for perverse design choices, it's doubtful that Swift would employ a gas-bottle retention system that makes it impossible for someone with normal human limbs to secure the bottles properly. (On the other hand...!!!)

• 2 months later...
Guest Tracker

Connect the buckle and strap and lay it on the locker floor fully open.

Stand the gas bottle within the big loop and tighten.

Archived