Travel Insurance

Hobby Dazzlers

we are trying to obtain Annual Travel Insursance but seem to be hitting a brick wall. Every time I answer the health questions it declines us.The reason being that I was addmitted to hospital for 5 days last year, including having blood tests.

Every time I declare this then insurance is declined.Obviously there is no point denying this as it would obviously void the insurance.

Any forthcoming suggestions or advice and also what do you other fellow m/homers do?

Thanks

Angie and Keith

We have annual cover via Comfort, in conjunction with buildings and contents insurance.  This is part of a Norwich Union package.  Other insurers kicked up because I'd had a cartilage op on a knee within the preceding 3 years!  Oh, it might go again!  Norwich didn't seem at all concerned, and insured without funny premiums.  Will obviously vary with individual circumstances, and I think you may have to change your home insurance to get the travel bit.  Still, maybe worth a try.

Good luck.

Hi Hobby dazzler ,

you need david dwight for this one he very kindly introduced me to a comapany who for the life of me I cannot remember ..

Anyway this company specilises in Health Problems Disabilities so we were able to get the whole family insured and all the medical needs for two sever Disabled children with alot of medical need's .....

i will e mail him for you and tell him about your query hang tight I,m sure he will help...good Luck. Dont worry this comapny was very good good rates and we were in hospital for over a month chin up..It can be done

Hobby Dazzlers - 2007-05-21 9:54 PM

we are trying to obtain Annual Travel Insursance but seem to be hitting a brick wall. Every time I answer the health questions it declines us.The reason being that I was addmitted to hospital for 5 days last year, including having blood tests.

Every time I declare this then insurance is declined.Obviously there is no point denying this as it would obviously void the insurance.

Any forthcoming suggestions or advice and also what do you other fellow m/homers do?

Thanks

Angie and Keith

Hi A & G,

Try https://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/ I've not checked them out lately.

I have the same combined package as Brian with Comfort NU, we also have pre existing medical conditions.

If you think it's difficult now wait until you get in your seventies, unless your there of course.

We decided about ten years ago to stay with the same insurers and it's paid of so far. I'm hoping if I have a problem they might be sympathetic 8-) 8-) on the other hand there not charities as some people seem think 8-) 8-)

Don

Look under Travel insurance in the travel ads in the newspaper for Direct travel insurance. I have been with these several years and can reccomend. My wife has health problems and another relative has claimed 2 times with no problems. Sorry I have not got the number to hand at the moment.

Clive.

coach2000 - 2007-05-28 3:18 PM

Look under Travel insurance in the travel ads in the newspaper for Direct travel insurance. I have been with these several years and can reccomend. My wife has health problems and another relative has claimed 2 times with no problems. Sorry I have not got the number to hand at the moment.

Clive.

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

Hi,

I know this is a little late and probably won't be relevant to your circumstances anymore as I hope one of the suggestions has proved successful. However, just in case it helps others, I don't know if you actually had contacted any of these companies by phone, only from your thread it appeared that you may have been trying to purchase online and if this is so i haven't found any online insurance brokers that will provide even a quote if you have any medical history, let alone issue a policy, everyone of them needed to be contacted directly either by phone or in person

Hope that helps ?

Hobby Dazzlers - 2007-05-21 9:54 PM

Thanks

Angie and Keith

Archived