Which club to join

Weeble29

Hi

I'm just about to buy my first motorhome and just wanted some views on which would be the most useful/appropriate club to join. I live in north Essex and don't intend to venture across the channel just yet so would be touring solo with my dog in the UK. The type of camp sites I would be looking to use would be the smaller and quieter ones, I don't need extensive facilities or club houses. Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

no need to join any clubs. there are plenty of meets up and down the country.I never camp in the UK so cant point to any sites. but I have been to lots of shows and there are always 100,s of motorhomes parked up over the weekends. jump in and meet people you like and see what they get up to. michael

Weeble29 - 2015-03-15 2:09 PM

Hi

I'm just about to buy my first motorhome and just wanted some views on which would be the most useful/appropriate club to join. I live in north Essex and don't intend to venture across the channel just yet so would be touring solo with my dog in the UK. The type of camp sites I would be looking to use would be the smaller and quieter ones, I don't need extensive facilities or club houses. Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Weeble29 !

If you are 60 yrs or over, and can tour out of the main season in the UK, it's useful to be in the Camping and Caravanning Club as there are reduced rates.

All sites are a reasonable standard - and you also have access to smaller CS sites ( Certificated Sites ) which are small basic privately owned sites with space for a small number of units.

Caravan Club has a similar range of basic sites, as well as its' own sites, - called CLs ( Certified Locations )

Once you get a bit of experience I'm sure you will soon find the sites / clubs etc which suit you best.

Both clubs have websites for further info.

Good luck on your travels.

;-)

The CC used to have the biggest range of both club sites and CL sites but all their weekend meets are (were?) prebookable only which kinda reduces spontaneity especially when the weather turns!

The CCC has the best range of non bookable weekend meets and has club site discounts for those over a certain age (sorry can't remember what age!) as well as a good selection of cs sites but not so many of either as the CC.

The MCC has very few cls and no club sites but does have quite a friendly approach to weekend and holiday meets of which there are plenty if not as many as the CCC.

Have a look at all three websites and consider the type of location you prefer to use but if I had to choose one for purely UK use it would probably be the CCC which we found in general to be more user friendly than the CC.

Mind you we left the CC over 10 years ago and the CCC over 4 years ago because we mainly holiday abroad so things may have changed?

Hi we are pretty new to Motorhoming and had to decide too, we chose Caravan Club and the money they saved on our insurance covered the annual fee, we have stayed at a few Club Sites which have been very good, especially as we have to arrive late in the evening and it was no problem at all, and a lot of CL sites which are in fantastic locations, really peaceful and we love the wide choice of locations.

Hope you enjoy your new Motorhome and your travels.

Lynne

here's my view. you will spend a large amount on your new motor home.

The costs associated with joining a club are by comparison, tiny.

JOIN THEM ALL

try them, read the magazines and see which ones seem to fit you best. The most import thing is to get the best out of your new toy.

you can always cancel next years subs

Archived