advice re generator

mco

Hi,

You did not say what your load requirements were,If you are just running it to charge batteries and light loads then about 1kw output will be sufficient there are plenty on the market, you need to get a quiet model, honda make an excellent range that are very quiet, easy to start and not to heavy and bulky they are generally pretty reliable as well.

Get an earth spike as well there is usually an earth connection on most generators so that you can connect them to earth for safety.

hi mco i use a honda at present pretty quiet very economical and much better sounding than the cheaper generators .also use in my work van to power a polishing machine,4inch belt sander.computer,ect,not all at the same. ive been using it since they first came on the market with no problemsat all(quality at its best).im now looking to purchase the 1200 efoy.

As above we don't know your power requirements.

Pro's= good price/output compared to solar etc. Saves starting engine.

Con's= Another item to be carrying when you may just as well start the engine. Can be noisy, which will not endear you to nabours if any.

Well I have a misubishi suitcase generator.

A very good 1kw genrator that is sold as super silent. You can still hear it though.

Pros- Good for giving you a little bit of power when needed. Super reliable and small compact and not to heavy.

Proved a god send on my skiing trip when staying on aires.

Disadvantages- It's seen as a little unsociable by some.

I am incedently selling it. Simply because I have a friend whom sells them to the trade. This one was used my Nori yuka Haga for his tyre warmers in the British superbike series in 07. Therefore super maintained.

£180 ono, New over £475 no more than 30 hours of use. Starts first time everytime.

PM me if your interested and Ill send you some pictures with sound.

Or you could buy 1 from ebay for £69.95 made by japsui or whoever and weep as you break your back trying to start it.

Archived