cepso/repsol gas on fridge freezer, spain.

fesspark

Has anyone had a problem with there fridge ect, smelling of toxic like fumes when using spanish gas ? My 12 month old burstner nexxo will not run the boiler on it and the fridge I have to run on electric as the awning fills with fumes, when on the gas , any views ? Fesspark

Guest pelmetman

We're using Spanish gas with no problems, just replaced the bottle today for 15.40€...........

I suspect its your plumbing :-| ...............

Fesspark

As you have a problem with the boiler and the fridge, it’s logical to assume that the cause lies with the gas system ‘upstream’ of both appliances and this includes the gas-bottle itself.

You haven’t said when the problem first occurred as, if it showed up immediately (or soon) after connecting to the present Spanish bottle, it would be reasonable to suspect the gas in that bottle. Alternatively, if the present bottle is near-empty, this might be a factor.

As Keith suggests, experimenting by switchiing to another bottle should be the first step, and it would be sensible not to obtain the replacement bottle from wherever the current bottle came from.

Thanks for your replies,brits I have spoken to here in Javea think I have had a dirty gas intake from a bottle and suggest I get it checked out possibly have the system cleaned and maybe a new jet fitted, any thoughts, by the way I am on a new bottle now, 15,40 euro no change so maybe the system is chocked / Fesspark

Thanks for your replies,brits I have spoken to here in Javea think I have had a dirty gas intake from a bottle and suggest I get it checked out possibly have the system cleaned and maybe a new jet fitted, any thoughts, by the way I am on a new bottle now, 15,40 euro no change so maybe the system is chocked / Fesspark

Fesspark,

Sorry to hear a new bottle has not worked. Can you get a new regulator fitted as this will be the next simplest thing to try. If that doesn't work then it sounds like you may have to resort to a professional cleaning and possible new jets.

Keith.

What’s the situation with your motorhome’s gas hob?

If you switch all of the hob’s burners to maximum, will all of the burners operate simultaneously on ‘full flame’ or is it evident that the burners’ output is less than it should be?

If the burners will not operate at full blast and all at once, it’s reasonable to assume that there’s a problem with the regulator.

As Keith advises, confirming whether it’s the regulator that’s the culprit should be the first thing to do.

Archived