faulty 4270 electrolux fridge

thommo

hi,does anyone have any advice or information regarding the model 4270

fridge that is fitted in my 1998 harrington bridgemere, it has stopped

working on mains, also on 12volt when towing , it operates fine on gas

and i wondered if it could be a problem with the thermostat?,and if it was

is it a job that can be done as a diy job, as the price for a dometic

engineer to come from manchester to look at it is pretty high.

best regards. a. j .thomson

Hi thommo

You really need to post this request on the motorhome main forum as you'll get some answers then (doesn't matter that you're talking caravans, they'll still help!). This bit is really meant for people to leave tips/hints, rather than ask for them, sorry.

Good luck

Don't know if this will help but I've just had a faulty Electrolux 240V element replaced. The element cost just over £28 and the job in our local caravan dealer's cost £99. I started to attempt a DIY job but gave up as I didn't know how the rear ventilation connections were connected. As it worked out, putting it into the dealer wasn't too bad as they supplied an element at about half the best price I could find on the www.

The fact that your fridge isn't working on both 12V and 240V seems to point towards a thermostat rather than an element, but I can't say for sure as the wiring diagram that came with my fridge is pretty useless.

You could probably attempt a DIY job; BUT!!! you may have to disconnect the gas supply to get the fridge out and reconnection should be done by a trained gas fitter (for the sake of safety).

You've no doubt already checked that the red and green lights on the fridge come on as they will verify that that the 12V and 240V supplies are OK.

This may not be the place to post a reply, but I thought I should since you haven't posted elsewhere.

• 5 months later...

A.J.

Did you have any welding carried out on the van?

First check to see if you have a supply both A.C and D.C

Next if not check all fuses and MCB's are O.K.

I have found on the circuit board assy' (located behind the fridge lights) there are two fuses. AC fuse is 3A. The DC fuse is 8A.

Note; Remove all power supplies both AC and DC before removing this black box.

This should get you going again.

Regards,

Brendan.

• 1 month later...

Archived