fiat alarms

KeithR

i have recently purchased a motorhome on a fiat ducato 2.0jtd. it is fitted with a new thatchem alarm. My problem is that the blue flashing alarm light stays on even when the key is in the ignition and the engine is running. is there a solution for this, or is it normal

hi dave. The alarm fitted is a thatcham alarm. the dealer said that the only way to stop the blue light flashing when driving is to press the disarm button on the thatcham alarm fob, and that it wont go off automatically by starting the engine. does this make sense.

Hi Keith, "Thatcham" is an insurance industry body who certify alarms (as well as other products), they DO NOT make any alarm systems at all. The alarm system will be made by one of the companies listed by Thatcham. Off the top of my head I don't know of any Thatcham certified alarm system that uses a blue LED normally so either the LED is a later add on (unlikely), the alarm is not Thatcham certified (possible) or it comes from a manufacturer whose products I have yet to come across (very possible).

If the alarm is Thatcham certified then the supplying dealer should have given you a certificate detailing exactly what alarm is fitted, you would need this certificate to get a discount from your insurance company for having a Thatcham certified alarm fitted.

Having said all that probably the best way to use it and stop the LED glowing/flashing is to press the disarm button on the remote before you start the engine, it should then stay off until the engine is stopped and the alarm is either reset or resets itself.

D.

thank you for your reply dave. i had a feeling that would be the only solution. p.s i think the blue flashing light is the base vehicle immobiliser system that the thatcham alarm is tapped into !. My security system is Autowatch. Model 457rli. once again thanks for your answer.

Archived