fiat ducatto radio

jondiane

Hello does anyone khow how to turn of the 20 min shut down on the radio. i have been told to go into the menu, and select ignition off and then select zero. i have tryed this and it still went of ,is there something you press after selecting zero to store it, or have i got a fault on it. it`s a model cd ns. in a 2004 bessacarr 795e. thanks

• 1 month later...

We have the new Sevel X250, and it appears that there is no solution at present for these vehicles, other than to keep switching the radio/CD player back on every 20 minutes.

This is the latest information I have, from our owners' club :- "The subject of the radio cutting out after 20 minutes was raised at a meeting with Peugeot today and they have agreed to look into a solution. I understand that the problem is that the radio wiring is now 'integrated' into the engine management system to help prevent theft."

Not much help, but I think it's a case of "Watch this space."

Mike Chapman - 2007-06-21 5:19 PM

It appears that it is not just the Sevel based (Fiat/Peugeot/Citroen) vans that have this restriction some Renault based vans have a 30 minute shut off.

Regards,

Mike.

That's right - Van Bitz wired around it on my Renault when they put the alram in.

Do either of you (icdsun or Robin) have the new Sevel X2/50?

As I understand it from Autosleepers, it is no longer possible to wire round it on this vehicle. This was certainly done on the older model base vehicle, but the newer one has everything integrated into the engine management system (it's called "progress") so until and unless the bods at Fiat come up with a solution we are stuck with the inconvenience.

Not a major problem, but still irritating when it seems rather unnecessary.

Does anyone know anything more?

• 1 month later...
Guest starspirit

If you wire both live feeds in the radio will flatten the battery over about a two week period.

However if you insert a switch into the second live feed and switch it off when not on the road you will have the best of both worlds for minimal outlay and a few skinned knuckles fishing about for wires and access.

Archived