funny box!!!

ROON

I'm sure there is already a place for this question but the search engine didn't bring it up, and the blurb under hints and tips says 'specific questions' not necessarily on motorhomes/caravans etc.

Can someone tell me why all I see instead of photos is a grey square with a little white box in the corner and in the little white box is a red cross. Also, can you tell me how to stop this. Also, can you tell me if you see an avatar next to my postings please? Thank you.

ROON - 2008-05-25 4:36 PM

I'm sure there is already a place for this question but the search engine didn't bring it up, and the blurb under hints and tips says 'specific questions' not necessarily on motorhomes/caravans etc.

Can someone tell me why all I see instead of photos is a grey square with a little white box in the corner and in the little white box is a red cross. Also, can you tell me how to stop this. Also, can you tell me if you see an avatar next to my postings please? Thank you.

Yes, yes, no. Does that answer your questions, Joy? :D

Usually there is a little red box if the forum (in this instance) can't see what picture you are pointing to.

Perhaps the 'address' for your picture is pointing at your own computer.

There is some guidance for putting pictures on here on the Forum User Guide on the home page under 'You and Your Profile'

Otherwise send me a PM and I'll let you have my email address to send it to, and see if I can help further.

ROON:

The cause of your problem is definitely due to something you did yourself. (Anyway that's what I always used to tell people when I was involved in IT support!)

As you managed to add a photographic avatar to your postings previously, then you obviously found out how to do this successfully. Suggest you go into your Profile and check that the photo you want to use as avatar is where you expect it to be on your own computer and then upload it again. Until you get the avatar-photo to show in your Profile (which isn't happening at the moment) then it won't appear on your postings.

Thanks both of you. Will go and have another go, although I did do exactly same as last time.... just wanted to put one more updated - from this weekend away. Popping off to try now. Joy

Archived