You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Motorhomes -> Hints and Tips
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
hymer a class electric window motor kaput
AuthorMessage
userpearson road
Posted: 22 September 2015 11:33 AM
Subject: hymer a class electric window motor kaput

Just joined

Good morning ,Iam new to your forum,but have logged on as a guest during the passed winter evenings,my vehicle is a hymer E510 1995 lhd. I have tried to source a new motor for the drivers window without success.Brownhills say Hymer have no stock left or of the running belt .can anybody offer advice .Thank you.
userDerek Uzzell
Posted: 22 September 2015 1:24 PM
Subject: RE: hymer a class electric window motor kaput

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Peter.

I assume you’ve done the obvious and researched this on-line (a GOOGLE-search on “hymer motorhome spares” retrieves a good deal of material).

Hambilton Engineering might be able to advise you

http://www.friendlyhippo.co.uk/hymerdirect/

as to whether the window-motor/drive-belt was unique to Hymer (I suspect not) and - if not - what other vehicles the parts were used on. You might also try the Hymer Club International

http://www.hymerclub.co.uk/abouthci.htm
userpearson road
Posted: 22 September 2015 6:38 PM
Subject: RE: hymer a class electric window motor kaput

Just joined

Thank you for your quick response.I had forgotten Hambiltons, I will try them tomorrow.I have the Hymer serviced at a small garage I have used for a number of years before I had the Hymer,they are very good to me.We have been thinking along the lines of trying to utilise another brand etc if nothing appears along the Hymer search.I cant say I have used the window much,apart for a bit of fresh air on a long journey but its nice to have everything working as it should.Will post if I get it sorted.much obliged .Derek, for your help.regards,Peter.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator