hymer a class electric window motor kaput

pearson road

Hello Derek.got good news,window working now,today.Could not source a motor anywhere,was put in touch with a company in London who picked the motor up and did a complete refurb,and rewind.Got it back last week .My local garage found a company who made belts to order,The belt itself is about 18"long and about a 1/2 " wide,reminds me of a timing belt,very strong and toothed.Very pleased with the whole process.It did not come cheap nor would I expect it to be.The motor job was £170 inclusive of vat &,carriage , the belt was £45 +vat..That leaves the labour for stripping out and the refitting.It was a job and a half to access the motor and then put all the door panel and lock back, so I could use the Hymer to go on a holiday we had booked earlier in the year for 2weeks. So I think I will have Twice the labour charges but not complaining. I have 30days before bill arrives.Thats the story .thank you for taking the time to answer my blog,regards,Peter.

I have a left-hand drive 2015 Rapido 640.

Given how little I use a motorhome It would be impossible to financially justify owning one, never mind a new LHD model purchased in the UK. I’m well aware that the Rapido depreciates daily and there are continuous overheads (insurance, road tax, servicing, etc.) I’m not particularly enthusiastic about motorcaravanning as a pastime either.

Fortunately, I’m able to employ double-think and just treat the Rapido as an expensive unnecessary toy that allows us to have occasional short trips in France and not stay in hotels.

It’s as if I chose to buy a new Maserati car - it wouldn’t be a sensible decision in the first place and high running costs would be predictable, but if I really wanted a Maserati and could easily afford to purchase it I’d have one and hang the expense.

The motorhome is our only transport since we bought it 4years ago.We are central here for all our needs,this means our funds dont get stretched too much.We need the comfort and facilities of the Hymer when we travel over the border to England to visit family & friends, a journey of 250 miles each way.We use the camper for 2weeks of each month April to October ,then 2weeks at Xmas in England with family.A bit of a change next March when we visit family in Cornwall.All our travels are now in the UK after many years abroad with campers and caravans.It is all age related now both for me and "Hymi" and its a case of who can last the longest.So its fingers crossed.But I can now uncross my legs on long journeys since we acquired the Hymer .Thanks for the chat.

Archived