pet insurance abroad

tringy

Hi

We are intending to go abroad for a few months and have noticed that our pet insurance only covers us for 90 days abroad max per year does anyone know of a different ins that covers you for longer. By the way this is with Pet Plan.

Thank You

Tringy :-D

tringy - 2015-03-20 3:42 PM

Hi

We are intending to go abroad for a few months and have noticed that our pet insurance only covers us for 90 days abroad max per year does anyone know of a different ins that covers you for longer. By the way this is with Pet Plan.

Thank You

Tringy :-D

We have a policy with Argos, which I believe gives full cover for all year, but at least 180 days. Sorry to be vague, but we are currently in Spain and don't have a copy of the policy to hand. Ah, just checked their website, and the gold and platinum policies give unlimited travel to countries in the pets travel scheme.

tringy - 2015-03-25 11:49 AM

Hi thanks for the replys to our post.have now taken out saga pet insurance and is exactly what we need. Cover for 365 days home or abroad and much cheeper. Thanks again.Tringy.

I have just looked over the conditions for this insurance many of which will vary according to the level chosen. I am on the esential level which means I am covered all year but NOT for only one journey. If you stay over 6 months the animal has to be registered in that country. If that is France this means that the rabies vaccination has to be carried out annually despite it being exactly the same serum which is valid in the UK for 3 years. To be eligible to stay abroad for the whole year you would have to come back to say Dover and get back on the next boat! Best to phone them and explain your plans.

Archived