truma heater

henry smith

truma heater  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im a new member and an amature at this stuff.

I wonder if anybody can help, I have a bessacarr 710 3 years old, my problem is the truma water heater when I switch it on it runs for a few seconds and cuts out, Ihave replaced the PCB but it still wont work.

henry smith.

Henry, I had this problem. Make sure the vent cover is off if not already.

I tried everything and then I noticed that while the wife was packing the cupboards , she had knocked one of the isolation valves to off, therefore turning off the gas supply to the boiler. I wasn't mad >:-)

it is usually something simple, just a matter of finding the fault.

Good luck ;-)

Hi welcome to the forum

Do you mean that the gas is not staying alight? You have not said what type of water heater it is If it is the 9ltr cylinder type then make sure you take the flue cover off. Underneath the coverThere is a little light sensitive, photo cell that prevents the boiler lighting when the cover is on if this gets dirty it will cause your problem. I had the same problem last year when out in the sticks a quick clean with a small brush and a good blow from my lungs cured the problem I think a spider had died on the photocell. Bugs tend to hitch a ride inside the cover when the van is not being used.If you need more help try the motorhome matters forum upstairs there is always lots of help up there. Hope this works

Archived