tyres

migian

Hello I am shortly going to need tyres on the camper which is a 308cdi sprinter 52reg it is currently on Continental tyres. The tyres seem to be on the firm side with some noise. Has anybody any ideas for alternate thoughts? The present ones have covered 63000 miles so they have lasted quite well. I have been thinking about Michelin as they seem to have softer walls. Any ideas will be greatlfully recieved thanks.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I changed my tyres to Michelin Agilis 81 a couple of years ago and think they are marvellous, no noticeable road noise, good on corners and very hard wearing. I have covered about 20,000 miles on them so far and cannot see any signs of wear. Mine are rated at 850kg max at 65psi so you would need to make sure that either axle load does not exceed 1700kg. I checked pressures with Michelin and they advised the best pressure for the weights I quoted after having each axle weighed with the van fully loaded, including motorcycle, at the local public weighbridge. These varied considerably from the pressures specified by Fiat and Swift. I use the Michelin recommended pressures and have had no problems. Phil.

Archived