Problems Refuelling Rapido 924F

Bill Ord

Guest Bill Ord
Hi, Has anybody with a Rapido 924F had problems filling the fuel tank? I've had the van two weeks and only done 500 miles so I've only had to attempt to fill up three times. I use the word attempt deliberately. The first time I went to fill up I thought I'd got a "difficult" pump as it kept cutting out as though the fuel was excessively foamy so I gave up at about three quarters full. The second time the problem was severe enough to force fuel onto the forecourt so I gave up after 20 litres. The third time I managed to fill the tank but it took 15 minutes and I again had fuel spillage. The problem will be addressed when I return to the dealers but in the meantime it would be helpfull if any Rapido 924F owner could relate their own experience. When I place the fuel nozzle in the tank there seems to be one postion where the nozzle is hitting a bend or other restriction; this causes fuel to shoots out of the filler. Adjusting the angle of the nozzle heps but is extremely slow to fill. Regards Bill Ord

Guest Docted
Bill had a similar problem on my last van and lived with it. However one area worth a look is the breather tube for the fuel tank. You will probably find that there is a knk in it which when straightened out will clear up your problem. Good luck Docted

Guest pete walker
hi bill, we had a fleet of transits like that and found the best way to fill was not to put the filler in to far as this restricted the flow of air comming out of the tank and cause either a lot of cut offs or a blow back. pete

Archived