Øresund Bridge

Hughmer

We used the bridge earlier in the year. The process to get the half price offer was bit of a faff but a considerable saving. The attached message came in this morning (see pic)

I wasn't aware that with the Smut Tur (quick trip) discount you can drive across even more cheaply on weekdays between 17:00 and midnight and throughout the weekend.

oresund.JPG.c44c09df4e03b07023d3b80729edca9e.JPG

Hughmer - 2019-11-28 11:38 AM

I wasn't aware that with the Smut Tur (quick trip) discount you can drive across even more cheaply on weekdays between 17:00 and midnight and throughout the weekend.

Although as you have to return within 6 hours it's unlikely to be an option for journeying motorhomers.

We used the Oresund 'Bizz' tag this Spring although we only used the bridges outward, but it was a great way to pay the Norwegian road tolls.

It couldn't be used to pay for Norwegian ferries though, which wasn't a problem this year as so few were using automated payment, but by 2020 the vast majority of ferries are expected to be automated.

We decided to retain our Oresund 'Bizz' tag following the trip as we plan to return again next year, but currently it's looking as if we'll need a send it back and get a genuine Autopass tag to cover ferries too and also to get the 50% Autopassferry discount.

I'm sure that one day there be a single tag that covers all European toll roads/bridges/ferries and qualifies for all their discounts automatically (he joked.. :-D ).

Steve928 - 2019-11-29 11:35 AM

I'm sure that one day there be a single tag that covers all European toll roads/bridges/ferries and qualifies for all their discounts automatically (he joked.. :-D ).

Some of my colleagues were working on a project to do just that about 15 years ago. As far too many projects go, it got hung up in (political) reality. Nobody wants to give up full control.

Hawcara - 2019-12-04 10:10 PM

Is Bropass the best tag to get? Does it have to be preloaded? Considering a visit to the area next year.

It depends very much on whether or not you will be crossing the Storebelt and/or Oresund bridges. A single crossing of either will save enough to cover the tag's annual fee.

The account isn't pre-loaded - everything is charged to your credit card.

If not using either bridge though and planning to visit Norway then I think (not checked recently) that you can get an Autopass tag for just the initial deposit with no annual fee.

Steve928 - 2019-12-05 7:50 AM

Hawcara - 2019-12-04 10:10 PM

Is Bropass the best tag to get? Does it have to be preloaded? Considering a visit to the area next year.

It depends very much on whether or not you will be crossing the Storebelt and/or Oresund bridges. A single crossing of either will save enough to cover the tag's annual fee.

The account isn't pre-loaded - everything is charged to your credit card.

If not using either bridge though and planning to visit Norway then I think (not checked recently) that you can get an Autopass tag for just the initial deposit with no annual fee.

Is there a tag that covers the ferries between the fjords in Norway?

Hawcara - 2019-12-06 2:39 PM

Is there a tag that covers the ferris between the fjords in Norway?

The ferry payment situation is in flux as there is a big push to automate all ferry payments over this winter. Currently only 10 ferries can be paid for using an Autopass tag with the rest needing an Autopassferry account (or cash/card on the day) but I've read that all routes are planned to be tag-only (or ANPR for those without a tag) by next summer. If that will transpire I can't say.

Currently the Orseund tag can't be used to pay for Norwegian ferries although we did use a tag-only ferry in blissful ignorance this June and were never charged the £60 - I can only presume that the tag was detected (so no ANPR picture taken) but subsequently refused by the Oresund consortium.

I wrote a document about all this here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BE9jZB3cu7YVx_4T0GsJC1jZ4EK1iawp

I'm trying to keep it up to date - the best source of info that I've found are the German motorhome forums.

In the document there's this link to the Autopass site which lists the current payment method by ferry route, and it shows that the vast majority are not yet tag-enabled.

https://www.autopassferje.no/ferjesamband/?lang=en

We're heading back over again next May/June as it's quite simply the best motorhome destination I've found, so I'm trying to keep on top of the situation.

Steve928 - 2019-12-06 3:43 PM

Hawcara - 2019-12-06 2:39 PM

Is there a tag that covers the ferris between the fjords in Norway?

The ferry payment situation is in flux as there is a big push to automate all ferry payments over this winter. Currently only 10 ferries can be paid for using an Autopass tag with the rest needing an Autopassferry account (or cash/card on the day) but I've read that all routes are planned to be tag-only (or ANPR for those without a tag) by next summer. If that will transpire I can't say.

Currently the Orseund tag can't be used to pay for Norwegian ferries although we did use a tag-only ferry in blissful ignorance this June and were never charged the £60 - I can only presume that the tag was detected (so no ANPR picture taken) but subsequently refused by the Oresund consortium.

I wrote a document about all this here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BE9jZB3cu7YVx_4T0GsJC1jZ4EK1iawp

I'm trying to keep it up to date - the best source of info that I've found are the German motorhome forums.

In the document there's this link to the Autopass site which lists the current payment method by ferry route, and it shows that the vast majority are not yet tag-enabled.

https://www.autopassferje.no/ferjesamband/?lang=en

We're heading back over again next May/June as it's quite simply the best motorhome destination I've found, so I'm trying to keep on top of the situation.

That’s excellent, thank you

Archived