ACSI card

I have tried the search facility but to no avail so please excuse me if this has been covered before!

We have returned to motorhoming and being retired we can now spend most of the winter in Spain.and Portugal.

As far as I can see the ACSI card is for calendar years only, but when is the card actually issued? We leave home in mid-December and will be in Portugal again at the start of the year.

ACSI do not seem to have a way of having the 'card' on a mobile or tablet, which seems odd in this digital age.

Any help or suggestions welcome.

The information you are looking for is buried in the ACSI webshop’s FAQ section

DELIVERY TIME

Q: I will be spending the winter in Southern Europe. Can you send me the CampingCard ACSI before December?

A: Unfortunately, we cannot send you the CampingCard ACSI any earlier.

Q: When will the new CampingCard ACSI guide be delivered?

A: The CampingCard ACSI is available at the end of December and if you are a CampingCard subscriber, or you made an order before the 9th of November, the CampingCard guide and card will be delivered for Christmas.

Providing a ‘virtual’ ACSI card could be tricky, as I’ve been on campsites where they've asked to retain the card until I’ve booked out. It’s also the case that not everybody who might want to take advantage of the CampingCard ACSI scheme will have a device capable of carrying/displaying a ‘digital card’ at every ACSI campsite. Although obtaining an ACSI card may well conflict with your travelling-abroad plans for 2020, for most people the provision of a ‘physical’ card will be the simplest and most satisfactory approach.

Hi, If your on a site for a few days or longer, order through Amazon, to be delivered to the campsite address. We have received a few Amazon items when on site in Spain. Okay the postage is more, but that's the price you pay for being mobile.

I know that here in Ireland the book and card can be bought over the counter at a couple of Motorhome dealers, I assume the same facility exists in other countrys. Finding out where is the issue and whilst the book would be in a different language the symbols are universal.

Davy

ACSI books are fairly readly available at campsites/motorhome dealers in Spain/Portugal, I understand.

They may be in the local language but all you need is the card attached to the book. The ACSI app code is shown on the card. The app costs about €5 from the ACSI online shop. This year we bought the extended app which covers campsites + MH stopovers for about €9.

We very rarely use the book and prefer to use the app. The app allows you to use filters to input dates and show only those campsites that are open. Very useful when touring in late or early season.

I think the renewal date relevance depends on the type of ASCI card you’re after. We’re not interested in off season site discounts etc so we just buy the ASCI camping carnet https://www.acsiclubid.co.uk/en/home/l2-n2225/ . It can be ordered on line, renewal is automatic in December and as the card costs just €4.95 pa delivered, it makes little difference when it’s ordered initially.

Incidentally, they appear to issue initial camping carnet throughout the year, ours was ordered and arrived in May the first year.

stevec176 - 2019-03-06 1:53 PM

I think it tells you in the ACSI book the periods you can use the card against each site.

Each entry in the ACSI Campite Guide indicates whether an ACSI card is accepted just for identification or to obtain a reduced tariff. In the latter case the periods when the reduced tariff is offered are stated, as is the reduced tariff’s cost.

Archived