ACSI

sunbeam

We have the acsi books every year along with the app.But often find that the pitches on the scheme are the smallest and in the worst position on site. We have then upgraded for the sake of a couple of euros to a better spot. Ifind though, that the books alone are worth the cost

We have been ACSI members for many years and often use their sites around Europe. However, we rarely use the books; if you have a tablet the app is far better. The app links you to very useful reviews of each site, gives you far more information than is available in the book, and provides a direct link to email the site to question availability whilst you are traveling. You might need the book initially to cut out your discount card, but after that, the books dont travel with us - we just rely on the app with tablet and 'phone.

It's also very useful to get the ACSI ID card.

Regards,

Agree with what Laurence said though i don't use their apps as i don't have a phone that takes them....i have the ACSI dvd which i install on my laptop hard drive which is absolutely brilliant. Sadly ACSI decided to stop these with 2016 being the last issue dvd in favour of moving to apps. What was on the dvd you get on your apps....but where the dvd gave you the lot in one go, ACSI have split the apps into sections so it costs more.

As Laurence also mentioned, the ID card comes in useful.

I have an ancient “Camping Card International” (CCI) card that carries an expiry date of 26/05/2003 and, as this card shows my current UK address (and peculiar surname) I tend to present it at European campsites when identification details are requested - but the card no longer has any real validity.

I also have a 2018 Camping-Card ACSI discount card that I presented last year when staying on campites offering the ACSI discount, but I’d expect this card to be rejected in future if I sought an ACSI discount.

ACSI offers a "Club ID" camping carnet that’s equivalent to my old CCI card

https://webshop.acsi.eu/en/acsi-club-id-product.html

but that also has an expiry date and, although (like my expired CCI card) an expired ACSI Club ID card may continue to be useful as an identifier at a campsite, it should be anticipated that the Club ID card’s ‘benefits’ (eg. liability insurance) will cease when the card’s expiry date has been reached.

Archived