ADAC Breakdown insurance

mikemelson

I have been using ADAC for many years & have been very happy with their services, especially for foreign touring.

But I have heard they are withdrawing breakdown insurance for members outside Germany.

If this is the case there is not any point of continuing with a reduced membership- I have just had a renewal notice for 79 euros.

Is anyone on here in the same situation?, any advice on a suitable replacement?, with ADAC there was no time limit on foreign touring.

Any advice gratefully received., Mike

AFAIK, ADAC will now only give 'ADAC PLUS' membership to those with a German address, for those outside of Germany only the basic ADAC membership is available.

"What does this mean?" the basic ADAC membership only gives breakdown services within Germany, so is of no use for those touring across the rest of EU.

p.s. You should have had a email to explain this earlier this year.

Guest Ingo Sundowner
I paid the RAC £370 for 2 cars and MH, for both, here and Europe. So there's no need for the ADAC....... hopefully??

I have just had to use my ADAC membership for the first time after quite a number of years, they were brilliant and sent the AA out within an hour. I had the letter and email saying that the Plus side wouldn't available at my next date of renewal which is 1st May. I will therefore have to find an alternative for my car and camper. Someone said recently that they had AA and it covered the person so whatever vehicle you were in that broke down you are covered so will have to look into that. Just as a bit on information I downloaded the App for breakdown in English, its called Pannenhilfe, she asked me whether I wanted her to speak English and after giving all the information I must admit she was brilliant .

Archived