ADAC

sunbeam

Anyone got a letter from ADAC ref the plus membership as far as I can make out they are not giving the plus membership to anyone outside of Germany just the basic cover well that’s what my translation of it is and my German isn’t great anyone got one and better at translating t.i.a.

Edd

Lifted from WC

Switch to ADAC membership without plus benefits

Dear Mr.

As you know as an interested ADAC member, the ADAC focuses its mobility services in particular on its more than 21 million members based in Germany in order to provide them with the best offers and services worldwide. In view of the fact that the complexity of the legal requirements that have to be met in connection with the provision of services, especially for Plus members residing abroad, we have decided that Plus services in the context of ADAC membership will only be for members in the future with residence in Germany.

Therefore we will change your ADAC Plus membership (and possibly existing partnerships of partners / children) from 01.06.21 to a membership without plus benefits.

Nevertheless, you will continue to be protected within the framework of your classic ADAC membership, for which you will of course pay a correspondingly cheaper membership fee. The services associated with classic ADAC membership, such as breakdown assistance in Germany, legal advice, ADAC Tourset or the ADAC benefit program, remain in effect for you.

If your main place of residence is in Germany and does not correspond to the address given above, please provide us with the address of your main place of residence in Germany.

Kind regards

Michael Dern Head of Members Individual Topics & Last Level Service (MIL)

This letter was created by machine and is valid without a signature.

Please note the back!

Your translation seems to be correct. There have been threads on various Motorhome forums discussing and confirming the reduction in service.

One or two people from the ROI have had renewals and seemingly haven’t been affected by the loss of service which seems to point towards it being related to the leaving of the EU by the UK although I have not seen confirmation of this.

Davy

Way2Go - 2020-05-26 6:56 AM

Well, you can't leave the club and still expect all the benefits can you? My ADAC coverage is unaffected. But then again ... I live in Germany.

Totally irrelevant as this also affects all EU citizens outside of Germany.

I had my letter a couple of weeks ago to say that the plus will end at end of April 2021, Because Martin passed away in December I won't be needing the Plus so shall look for something else anyway. Any suggestions for a decent recovery service for a camper van for UK/Europe?

Archived