AS Nuevo 2 Berth.

Guest Bernard Owen

Guest Bernard Owen
I am thinking of buying a 2005 AS Nuevo 2 berth, could any reader who has a Nuevo let me know what they think of them. Thank You.

Hi Bernard, We have had a Nuevo ES (4 berth) for just over a year. We bought it because we wanted a semi-practical 2nd vehicle with 4 belted seats. Overall, we really love it. The only things I would like to have had are:- a drawer to store stuff (like electrical adapters etc.), shelves in all the lounge overhead lockers, external storage for messy/wet stuff, Inboard water tanks, for all year camping. I think the Inca seems to have a better layout in the kitchen cupboard which would provide some of my wants above. However you can't get all that in such a small 'van! We have the 2.2 Hdi, which I can recommend. We really do love ours, but in hindsight, we should have bought a bigger 'van better suited to our camping needs and a cheap 3rd vehicle for commuting, since we are going to loose about £10k selling it one year on. Pete

Guest Nick Miller
I have just purchased a two year old Neuevo having traded in a VW 2.4 TD coachbuilt. First impressions.. Mine has a locker for wet gear and although this does eat into near side under settee space there is ample storage for a single traveller. Ride is quite lively after VW which used to 'wallow' around corners. Reasonable torque in the lower register and sings along quite happily at 60/65mph when the (well documented) wind noise over driver's door starts. Good driving position but this might not suit those approaching or over 6ft,Excellent build although the fire does rattle over poor road surfaces (so thats about 90% of time in UK) Will have reversing sensors fitted even though there is a rear window to place a rear view lens. At the moment quite happy.We will see if a couple of months in France change the overall view. Look for second hand.Mine represented a saving of several thousands was fiteed with extras and i dont think ever lived in.

Archived