Ad blue

Pete-B

I know it's like a piece of string but bearing in mind I'm probably classed as a average type of driver ie, I get 31-32 mpg out of my 2020 Autosleeper Warwick XL which has a 165 bhp engine and I tow a 7'x5' box trailer.

With this in mind, what mileage would I reasonably expect o get from a full tank of Adblue before a warning light comes on?

Thanks.

On another Forum someone expressed concern about only getting 2000 miles before the Adblu warning light came on so I had a quick look online on this subject. I found a video on Motorhome Fun where the guy had researched this and actually contacted Fiat in Italy for a definitive answer. Firstly the Adblue tank size is 19.5l. Fiat estimate that a tank will last around 1300 miles. You should get an amber warning at about 370 miles remaining and a red warning at 120 miles remaining. The guy was very surprised at this as cars he had owned had provided between 5000 and 10000 miles per tank of Adblue. Ever stricter emissions regulations means that the amount of Adblue being used is increasing. I also found another Adblu usage chart so will try to attach it but it may not work as I am not sure about the process.

CB575EAC-9FD4-4ECF-B10E-4F5DF4594A74.jpeg.74d9e37cdc1f10734035dc9d3c1b70c0.jpeg

CB575EAC-9FD4-4ECF-B10E-4F5DF4594A74.jpg.9c06a126fc7df607a64257cda15f6989.jpg

Don636 - 2021-08-12 4:54 PM

On another Forum someone expressed concern about only getting 2000 miles before the Adblu warning light came on so I had a quick look online on this subject. I found a video on Motorhome Fun where the guy had researched this and actually contacted Fiat in Italy for a definitive answer. Firstly the Adblue tank size is 19.5l. Fiat estimate that a tank will last around 1300 miles. You should get an amber warning at about 370 miles remaining and a red warning at 120 miles remaining. The guy was very surprised at this as cars he had owned had provided between 5000 and 10000 miles per tank of Adblue. Ever stricter emissions regulations means that the amount of Adblue being used is increasing. I also found another Adblu usage chart so will try to attach it but it may not work as I am not sure about the process.

Thanks for that mate, the download did work and it was very informative. My vans a Peugeot Boxer 2.3 165 bhp but I guess it will be pretty much the same as the Fiat.

Your a champion :-D

spirou - 2021-08-12 7:34 PM

Our Peugeot 2.0 (PVC) does about 8000km per tank of AdBlue

Promobil found the 2.0L Euro6B PSA engine to have the worst NOx emissions of all the 6B motorhome powerplants, several times the permitted level. The implication being that its AdBlue usage is cut back to too low a level to deal with NOx once out of the test phase (essentially a cheat device).

The Euro6D-Temp engines like the OP's, subject to the stricter WTLP/RDE testing regimes, are having to use far more AdBlue than their 6B counterparts.

https://www.promobil.de/real-abgas-test-wohnmobil-transporter-fiat-ducato-mercedes-sprinter-vw-crafter/

By the way, the entire document from which the AdBlue usage chart in a post above derives can be read here:

https://www.eastccservice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Ducato-Series-7-SCR.pdf

Quite probably. Although I really fail to see the logic behind it. As if they presume people have a hard time refilling when it's identical to filling up with diesel. And a lot cheaper.

I wonder if a "tuner" pops up offering "remapping" to lower emissions? Wishful thinking :-D

• 3 weeks later...
spirou - 2021-08-12 8:34 PM

Our Peugeot 2.0 (PVC) does about 8000km per tank of AdBlue

From my experience (Malibu van based on Ducato 2.3 140CV) exactly 7.5 litres used for exactly 4,000km.

It roughly means 2 litres/1,000km (mixed roads, 30% motorways and 70% extra urban).

Archived