Adding B2B Charger to existing CBE DS300 (no R37)

Carry_on_Roaming

Hi,

I have a 2005 IH Oregon, so a little old and im just doing some upgrades mostly with solar and electrics. The van uses a CBE DS300 unit with a PC200 control panel.

I have some Victron kit to fit, im also an electrician and college lecturer in electrical engineering so pretty clued up with what I am doing, however I am fitting a Victron Orion B2B and need to disable the CBE current charging from alternator. Now I've been searching. these and other forums and seen the advice on removing R37 and jobs done.

However ive had my DS300 open this morning and it doesn't appear to look the same as ones I find in forum or on other google searches, IE: I don't appear to have an R37 resistor to the left of the big molex connector?

Has anyone any ideas, is mine a random DS300, how can I disable the existing original charge from alternator, but still keep the other functions working (such as fridge on engine running, step etc etc).

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I fitted a CTEK D250S B2B to my 2006 IH Tio R about 4 years ago.

My cautious design parameters included keeping the CBE DS520 in its original state, so as to allow mains charging of B1, and relatively simple reversion to the basic setup. Additional requirements were to avoid any feedback loops, which might cause damage to the B2B, and to allow any future use of the MPPT solar facility contained in the D250S B2B.

I ended up with a 90A rated relay in the alternator connection to the B2B, and two other additional relays, one of which I have now decided was OTT, and will be removed. The remaining additional relay handles the fridge load by diverting the original B1 connection to the fridge when the engine is running.

If you are interested, send me a PM with your email address, and I will send a copy of my schematic diagram.

Just noticed that your closing sentence contains a reference to the step. I do not see why the step should be affected.

Alan

Hi Alan,

Another IH owner (or previous). :-)

I have sent you a PM, although seems stuck in the outbox, so not sure you getting it?

Lee

Alanb - 2022-01-22 11:18 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I fitted a CTEK D250S B2B to my 2006 IH Tio R about 4 years ago.

My cautious design parameters included keeping the CBE DS520 in its original state, so as to allow mains charging of B1, and relatively simple reversion to the basic setup. Additional requirements were to avoid any feedback loops, which might cause damage to the B2B, and to allow any future use of the MPPT solar facility contained in the D250S B2B.

I ended up with a 90A rated relay in the alternator connection to the B2B, and two other additional relays, one of which I have now decided was OTT, and will be removed. The remaining additional relay handles the fridge load by diverting the original B1 connection to the fridge when the engine is running.

If you are interested, send me a PM with your email address, and I will send a copy of my schematic diagram.

Just noticed that your closing sentence contains a reference to the step. I do not see why the step should be affected.

Alan

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Archived