Advice on Reversing TV.

Guest Hackett

Guest Hackett
Hi All, I am buying a 2 camera and B/W TV for my motorhome. I would like to know if I can plug the TV direct into a 12v socket by cutting off the power supply. Here are the Specs. The Power Supply has --Input 230v---50hz. Output 12vdc --- 1000ma. Input to tv from power supply say's 13.5 vdc The back of the TV say's 12volts dc----1a I thank you in advance . Hackett

You don't say what make/model of TV it is or whether it was sold specifially as a reversing camera. But if it has a 12 volt input it should be OK most can tolerate a fairly wide range of input voltages. If, however, you are planning to re-engineer the inside of the TV to bypass the transformer, I would say don't. By the way, if you are planning to use an ordinary TV for reversing (or rear view), it is essential to get the picture reversed so you get a genuine mirror image picture. It's usually a simple task for any professional repairer. (If you don't do this then cars that are overtaking you will appear, on the TV, to pass down your nearside and you'll instinctively steer to the right - straight into their path!

Guest Hackett
Thanks for your reply but I will only use the TV for reversing not when I am driving.I will definetly not be tampering with tyhe inards. For a price of £100 I think it's a deal. Thanks Again Hackett

Archived